Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I should be sleeping...but techy stuff calls!

So I got out of work early today. Hooray! Actually, it was my scheduled time, but seeing as how I always stay at least 30min later than I have to, I consider this early...
ANYWAY.

My 360 has an HDMI port on it. Great, except with my setup I don't have anything with an HDMI port. What does one do? Why, use an HDMI to DVI adapter!
So I have my 360 connected via DVI to my sweet 20" running at 1920x1080, and the sound right now is connected to the built in speakers...I'm too lazy to crawl under the desk and plug it into my line-in on my subwoofer. I will later today though, once I straighten my desk out again.

Instead of taking it from Microsoft and paying $100 for a wireless adapter, I decided to just go the frugal route and bridge my wireless connection on my computer to get the 360 connectivity. 2 minutes later I made the crossover cable and had the connection bridged. I set up the static IP on the 360 and voila--instant connectivity.

I also did an account migration and linked my existing Zune account to my Xbox Live account. It kind of sucks because my gamerscore and all of that have been reset, but that's OK--I only had about 200 or so gamerscore and not that many achievements... I can start over, no big deal. Plus now I have a convenient Zune content stream from my PC and all my MS-related accounts are linked under one email address.

Yea, I didn't really do anything special, just thought I'd blog about it. There's a lot to be said about the 360, it has a lot of awesome features. I'm downloading the skate demo right now. I'm a bit reluctant to buy another skating game, but if this brings enough of a change, I may go for it.

No comments: